SEO guidelines for clients
Search Engine Optimisation, or SEO, is one of the best tools that companies have in terms of gaining visibility online because it allows them to bring in more visitors through free, organic search results. The SEO guidelines for clients deck should help you understand the importance of SEO.
The major search engines like Google, Bing and Yahoo rank websites based on specific parameters they deem most important, and they do so at no cost to the website owners. In optimising your website and increasing your ranking in search engines results, you will gain more visibility and will, in turn, see an increase in visitor traffic to your website.
It is common practice for Internet search users to not click through pages and pages of search results, so where a site ranks on a search results page is essential for directing more traffic toward the site. The higher a website naturally ranks in organic results of a search, the greater the chance that that site will be visited by a user.
SEO involves making sure your website pages, titles, tags, content and overall structure are optimised for your target keywords. SEO experts can then create and monitor website audits to track keywords positions on the search engines.
Basic On-site SEO examples include:
- SEO-friendly URLs
- Modifiers in title “reviews”, “guides”, “2017” and so on
- Headline/Title H1, Subheadings H2 and H3
- Keyword density up to 2.5%
- Usage of internal and outbound links within content
- Latent semantic indexing keywords
Basic SEO Auditing and KPI examples:
- Organic traffic CTR – Google Analytics/Webmaster tools
- Increased domain or URL authority benchmarking
- Rank for main converting keywords (local/organic)
- Rank for long tail and benchmark keywords
- Increase of organic traffic for geographical locations
Please see presentation below: